To fulfill a $4 billion contract signed in 2014, Saab will produce 36 Gripen NG aircraft and deliver them to the Brazilian Air Force through 2019.
The associated industrial co-operation contract, which includes a technology transfer to Brazilian industries, became valid Thursday. The agreement will contribute to the development of an independent, advanced
industrial defense base in Brazil, with Brazilian engineers and technicians traveling to Sweden for education and training by their Saab counterparts starting in October.
Saab’s Gripen is a multi-role combat aircraft capable of undertaking the full range of air-to-air and air-to-ground missions, including specialist roles such as intelligence, surveillance, target acquisition and reconnaissance and electronic warfare.
The Gripen is equipped with the most modern sensors and mission systems, including an active electronically scanned array radar and infrared search and track system. It can be armed with any air-launched weapon that a customer requires, and integration of new capabilities is speedy and affordable.
The Gripen can easily be deployed with a very low maintenance and support footprint coupled with high reliability.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Saab Technology ?
Next time we write about Saab Technology, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar