Latin American Minerals has secured a $200,000 loan for general working capital to address a short-term deficiency.
In addition, a company insider has advanced $100,000. That loan constitutes a "related party transaction" as defined under Multilateral Instrument 61-101 -- Protection of Minority Security Holders in Special Transactions.
A material change report in respect of the related party transaction was not filed at least 21 days in advance of the closing of financing due to the company's need to address a short-term working capital deficiency.
The $100,000 advance is exempt from the formal valuation and minority shareholder approval requirements of MI 61-101, as the loan was obtained on reasonable commercial terms that are not less advantageous to the company than if the loan were obtained from a person dealing at arm's length with the company, and the loan is not convertible into or repayable in equity or voting securities.
At an annual interest rate of 12 percent interest, both notes will mature in August 2016.
Latin American Minerals is a mineral exploration company holding multiple gold and diamond properties in Paraguay.
The company also announced that Basil Roy Botha and Michael Ernle Hepworth are on its board of directors.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Latin American Minerals ?
Next time we write about Latin American Minerals, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference