The Carlyle Group recently acquired 85.42 percent interest in Hermes, a cash management company based in Peru.
The transactional terms were not disclosed to the public, but it is known that The Carlyle Group purchased its shares from Inversiones Centenario, Scotiabank, and the Wiese and De Osma families.
Hermes has a proven track record of more than 30 years of extensive activity in its home market, providing services such as document management, cash-in-transit, collections for payment, and the processing and custody of funds. It boasts a workforce of 2,800 personnel, and has a model physical infrastructure and management system in place throughout the country.
"The rich history of Hermes in the Peruvian market, combined with its outstanding management team and strong employee base, make this an attractive company,” Juan Carlos Felix, managing director and co-head of Carlyle South America Buyout Fund, said. “We are excited as well about its current fair trade policies consistent with the spirit of the new shareholders, who value healthy competition in the market.”
The Carlyle Group is an alternative asset manager juggling more than $190 billion globally. It has offices on six different continents, and interacts with industries from aerospace and defense to telecommunications and media.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Carlyle Group ?
Next time we write about Carlyle Group, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference