Advantech Wireless, a satellite broadband communications solutions providers, recently used its SapphireBlu Series GaN Technology SSPAs to transmit 4,000 Ultra HDTV showings in South America.
The transmissions were of an international football tournament.
Officials chose Advantech Wireless SSPAs because of their reliability and outstanding performance. Additionally, Advantech Wireless has the lowest power consumption and the smallest form factor currently available on the market.
SapphireBlu SSPA/SSPB is the second generation of GaN designed by Advantech Wireless. These services provide a high linearity within one compact package. They are especially designed to make outstanding Ultra HD transmission broadcasting and are DVB-S2X ready. The heightened linearity included in the system does not raise the system’s weight, size and energy consumption.
"With the new requirements of HDTV and Ultra HDTV broadcasters need more power per feed,” Cristi Damian, vice president of Business Development at Advantech Wireless, said. “The second generation GaN-based SSPAs deliver the best solution for DSNG applications in terms of performance, quality and overall cost of ownership. Fleets of DSNG vehicles from our customers have been upgraded for full HDTV transmission capability in order to transmit uninterrupted feeds of these sports tournaments to all countries around the world."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Advantech Wireless ?
Next time we write about Advantech Wireless, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar