Encompass Supply Chain Solutions Inc., a provider of forward and reverse logistics for a range of finished goods and replacement parts, on July 23 announced that it will be doubling the size of its Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, distribution facility to support new business.
“Encompass offers our customers an alternative solution that shifts their fixed costs to us, while maintaining their service levels, reducing overall service costs and improving predictability,” Encompass Chief Financial Officer Lanier Bivings said. "This approach is fueling our growth and is the differentiator that’s putting us on track for another record year.”
The added square footage is needed for the company’s continued expansion in the consumer electronics and major appliance parts market, and its growing supply chain management offering.
With its proximity to Latin America, the South Florida location is also the company’s main distribution point for parts supply to this region.
“Increasing our footprint in the Southeast region will allow us to take advantage of numerous new business opportunities,” Encompass President and CEO Robert Coolidge said. “Additionally, the South Florida location is ideal for serving the Latin America market, while supplementing our Georgia distribution facility for domestic supply and enhancing service to our existing clients.”
The Ft. Lauderdale location includes a distribution facility, along with purchasing, IT, customer support and other administrative functions. Coolidge said the decision to expand follows a record-setting month of volume for the company.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Encompass Supply Chain Solutions Inc ?
Next time we write about Encompass Supply Chain Solutions Inc, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference