The U.S. Trade and Development Agency on Monday awarded a grant to the Associação Nacional dos Transportadores de Passageiros sobre Trilhos to modernize the rail information technology in Brazil.
The grant will provide technical assistance to develop a roadmap and implementation plan for public and private passenger rail operators to integrate real-time video monitoring technologies into Brazil’s passenger rail systems.
“We are pleased to support our colleagues from ANPTrilhos as they plan future investments in upgrading their rail infrastructure, recognizing the tremendous potential that the sector holds for Brazil both in terms of connectivity and economic growth,” USTDA Regional Director Nathan Younge said. “We’re proud to sponsor project development efforts that introduce U.S. rail industry technologies and solutions providers to Brazil’s dynamic growth in the sector.”
The assistance will develop a plan for the acquisition and implementation of core and complementary systems to increase security and operational efficiency for the control and management of various passenger rail trains throughout Brazil.
The opportunity to conduct the USTDA-funded technical assistance will be competed on the Federal Business Opportunities website.
The Deputy Chief of Mission to Brazil Andrew Bowen and ANPTrilhos Foreign Affairs Advisor Fernanda Pinheiro, witnessed the signing of the grant at the U.S. Embassy in Brasilia by USTDA Regional Director Younge and ANPTrilhos Superintendent Roberta Marchesi.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about U.S. Trade and Development Agency ?
Next time we write about U.S. Trade and Development Agency, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference