The United States officially opened a new Office of Naval Research (ONR) Global office in Sao Paulo, Brazil on July 24.
ONR Global provides international science and technology (S&T) solutions for current and future naval challenges around the world.
“The opening of the Sao Paulo office reflects the strong, longstanding S&T relationships ONR has with the international community,” Chief of Naval Research Rear Adm. Mat Winter said. “This office will serve as a regional hub for collaboration with researchers across South America to share discovery and invention, which are the lifeblood of scientific advancement.”
The new office will work with ONR Global's existing office in Santiago, Chile to coordinate activities across South America.
“The opening of a new office in the largest country in South America is an important development, emphasizing that breakthrough science and technology capabilities generally come about only through collaboration and partnerships,” ONR Global's commanding officer Capt. Clark Troyer said. “Those who follow S&T from a naval perspective recognize that Brazil is significant both in its impressive academic and research communities, as well as the wealth of opportunities to conduct research in unique ecological settings.”
Recent collaborative research between South American and U.S. scientists includes academic gatherings in the fields of alternative energy, underwater acoustics, augmented reality, as well as research projects on topics ranging from flood prediction to marine genomics.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Office of Naval Research ?
Next time we write about Office of Naval Research, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference