MasterPass recently launched operations in Latin America by opening its services to the Brazilian market.
MasterPass, a digital payment platform, allows consumers to choose any major debit, credit, or prepaid card to securely, conveniently and simply checkout online with a single click. This saves MasterPass customers time by not requiring them to re-enter shipping and payment details every time they make an online purchase from partner merchants.
Brazilians are showing more and more interest in online shopping. E-bit Consultancy recently reported that by the end of 2015, e-commerce sales in Brazil are estimated to rise by more than 20 percent compared to 2014.
“The Brazilian consumer is continuously adopting new technologies that offer speed and convenience,” Marcelo Tangioni, vice president of products for MasterCard Brazil, said. “To meet this demand, MasterCard wants to ensure that it offers the best payment experience for consumers regardless if they are making a shopping in the physical or digital world. With MasterPass every device – a phone, a tablet or a computer – can become a shopping device that is fast, convenient and secure.
“MasterPass is already available at a significant number of online retailers in Brazil,” Tangioni said. “In fact, our merchant partners represent 30 percent of the e-commerce segment in the market and we expect our merchant reach to continue to grow.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about E-bit Consulting ?
Next time we write about E-bit Consulting, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar