Brazil Minerals Inc. (BMIX) has started an investigation of five different kinds of sand that may be used in the fracking industry.
The analysis began recently, so BMIX has not determined whether any of its sands will be appropriate for fracking.
The sand samples were sent to a laboratory for details analysis. BMIX has easy access to several kinds of sand from areas where the company has mineral rights, this is a start in identifying possible locations for sand supplies. Fracking sand, also called frac sand, is a significant market in Brazil.
Additionally, Brazilian frac sand is valuable for exportation. BMIX reports that frac sand companies in Brazil as well as North America have approached the company for frac sand. The two companies offered BMIX a joint venture deal, which is why BMIX has started considering these possibilities with an investigation.
BMIX, a publicly traded U.S. company, sells gold, sand, and rough as well as polished diamonds. The company’s new goal is to grow into a profitable and diversified company as well as an attractive, liquid alternative for Brazil investments, as the nation has one of the biggest economies in the world.
BMIX integrates American experience in private equity, finance and venture capital with Brazilian business expertise to create an outstanding company.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Brazil Minerals Inc ?
Next time we write about Brazil Minerals Inc, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar