Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. and Desarrollos Hoteleros Guanacaste S.A. recently agreed to introduce the iconic W brand in Costa Rica.
W Costa Rica – Reserva Conchal will be the brand’s first tropical escape in Latin America, and will attempt to redefine the local luxury resort experience with its modern design, energetic feel and great service philosophy.
“As we continue to pursue aggressive expansion in Latin America, the agreement to develop W Costa Rica – Reserva Conchal is an exciting addition to our pipeline,” Jorge Giannattasio, senior vice president and chief of Latin America operations for Starwood Hotels & Resorts, said. “Following the recent successful opening of W Bogota, we are eager to premiere the iconic W brand in new countries in the region and look forward to bringing the brand to Panama in 2017, followed by Costa Rica in 2019.”
W Costa Rica – Reserva Conchal is part of a mixed-used development in Reserva Conchal located in the Pacific coast province of Guanacaste. The hotel will be 45 minutes from the Liberia/Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport.
“Costa Rica is an exciting tourism market with tremendous potential, welcoming millions of international guests every year,” Victor Vazquez, vice president of Development and Acquisitions for Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Latin America, said. “We continue to see interest from developers to bring new global, high-end offerings to this part of the world, and we are excited to sign our first W Hotel in the country.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc ?
Next time we write about Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar