Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey announced plans this week to increase Arizona’s trade efforts in Mexico by improving the Arizona-Mexico Commission’s current efforts in Sonora, Mexico.
Juan Ciscomani, director of the Governor’s Southern Arizona Office, has been appointed by Ducey to serve as director of the Arizona-Mexico Commission's (AMC) Sonora Office, in addition to his current position.
“Mr. Ciscomani is an active participant in economic-development initiatives in Southern Arizona,” Ducey said. “His previous experience with the Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will serve him well in this role, as supporting the growth and expansion of small and medium enterprises is vital to growing bilateral trade between the two states."
The Sonora Office will coordinate through the AMC leadership team of Kim Sabow, executive director; Justin Dutram, deputy executive director; and David Farca, president of the Board of Directors.
Ducey also said he appointed Juan Francisco Moreno, a partner of the Gómez del Campo and Moreno Law Firm, to serve as AMC’s private-initiatives liaison in Sonora.
“It is an honor to be appointed to the role, and to be able to further Governor Ducey’s objectives of strengthening our relationship with Mexico – Arizona’s largest trading partner – while creating jobs and economic development in the region,” Moreno said. “I look forward to working together with President David Farca, Executive Director Kim Sabow, and the talented and dedicated individuals at the AMC.”
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar