Automotive logistics conference to be held in Sao Paulo

The Automotive Logistics South America Conference will be held at the Renaissance Hotel in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Nov. 3. The event, which promotes short- and long-term solutions for the automotive field, is an opportunity for industry buyers and suppliers to network. The conference will bring together original equipment manufacturers and logistics service providers. Read More »

Travelers acquires majority interest in J. Malucelli's property casualty business

Travelers Companies, Inc. recently purchased a majority interest in its property casualty joint venture J. Malucelli Participações em Seguros e Resseguros S.A. in Brazil. Based in Hartford, Connecticut, Travelers now owns 95 percent of the property casualty division of J. Malucelli. Paraná Banco, the parent company of J. Malucelli, retains the other 5 percent interest. Read More »

PPG Industries finishes expansion of San Juan del Rio plant

PPG Industries has completed a $27 million expansion of its manufacturing facility in San Juan del Rio, Queretaro, Mexico. The company marked completion of the project with a grand-opening ceremony attended by Queretaro State Gov. Jorge Lopez Portillo Tostado and San Juan del Rio Mayor Fabian Pineda Morales. The new facilities are expected to add another 115 jobs. Read More »

Veolia, EPM team up to develop energy-efficiency solutions

Veolia and EPM signed an agreement late last week to develop energy-efficiency services in Latin America. The alliance falls under the France-Colombia Strategic Committee, launched in January by the two countries’ governments, and signed in Medellín by Ramon Rebuelta, executive vice president for Latin America at Veolia, and Juan Esteban Calle Restrepo, CEO of EPM and leader of the EPM Group. Read More »