Adavium Medical, formerly known as ADVANCE Medical, recently acquired two of Brazil’s largest clinical diagnostic companies, Alka Tecnologia and Hemogram Industria e Comercio.
“We bring commercial sophistication and scale to one of the largest and most complex health care markets in the world,” Adavium Medical CEO Fred Aslan said. “We have spent the past several years evaluating and acquiring the best Brazilian companies that, together with our team and capabilities, would create the undisputed commercial and manufacturing leader. We are now the partner of choice for international companies with premium products."
The recent acquisitions, which position Adavium as Brazil’s largest medical equipment and diagnostics company in terms of sales and customer base, are financed by recent investment funding of $21 million from CVF LLC and existing major investors like Venrock, Aberdare Ventures and Arboretum Ventures.
“We also develop and manufacture proprietary products that bring the benefits of high-end technologies to the very large, but often ignored, value segment of the Brazilian market that requires affordable products,” Aslan said. “As a result, a number of our product lines lead in market share.”
The company also named Claudia Golart, formerly of GE Healthcare in Latin America, as the new president and CEO of the diagnostics division.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Adavium Medical ?
Next time we write about Adavium Medical, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference