Benjamin Alvarez has been named chief financial officer of Grupo TMM, a Mexican maritime transportation and logistics company.
Alvarez replaces Carlos Mendez, who will continue working with the company in a different capacity. Alvarez has more than 18 years of professional experience. Before joining Grupo TMM, he spent 11 years as infrastructure finance and corporate banking director for Scotiabank in Mexico. In that role, he worked with many clients in the oil, gas, automotive and financial industries, as well as clients in the public sector. Prior to working with Scotiabank, he served in various roles at the Comision Nacional Bancaria y de Valores and at Banamex.
Alvarez earned his Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Finance degrees from the Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico. He is a member of the Mexican Institute of Finance Executives and a finance professor at the Instituto Tecnologico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey.
Grupo TMM is based in Mexico City.
Organizations in this story
Grupo TMM Calle C.D.P. Chihuahua, Chih. 31137
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices