The second phase of the Madero Clean Diesel project at the Madero Refinery in Tamaulipas, Mexico is about to begin.
This $1 billion refining facility venture is a joint project of Fluor Corp. and Empresas ICA, S.A.B. de C.V., Mexico's largest infrastructure company. Phase II will include engineering, procurement and construction. ICA Fluor, Mexico's leading industrial engineering and construction company, will oversee construction.
The go-ahead for the second phase was issued by Pemex Transformación Industrial, a state-owned petroleum company in Mexico.
Fluor signed on for the project late last year. Representatives from the company will provide engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up services for the plant's two 25,000 barrel-a-day diesel hydrodesulfurization trains and facilities.
Later in the project, new hydrogen, sulfur recovery and sour water treatment plants will be installed, while an existing diesel hydrodesulfurization unit will be refurbished, and off-site and utilities operations already in place in the refinery will be integrated into the new production system.
"We are very pleased with the performance of ICA Fluor, and this award by Pemex demonstrates the trust and confidence in our joint venture to successfully execute this very significant clean fuels project at the Madero refinery,” Peter Oosterveer, Fluor’s chief operating officer, said. “Fluor and ICA Fluor remain fully committed to Pemex and our other clients in the Mexican market.”
The target date for the completion of the project, Pemex' inaugural clean fuels initiative, is the first quarter of 2018.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Fluor Corporation ?
Next time we write about Fluor Corporation, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program