StarTV has launched a new direct-to-home pay-TV service for Mexico.
The new service was launched in late December of 2015. The platform replaces the previous TVZac platform.
“Thanks to the telecommunications reform carried out by the Mexican government and the drive of the Federal Institute of Telecommunications to promote competition, there is an opportunity to provide an alternative satellite TV service,” Stargroup CEO Julio Di-Bella said. “As a socially responsible company, we want to continue to contribute to technological development and access to information in our country, offering quality television in the spirit of TVZac, with the support of our subscribers. Eutelsat has been a key ally and has the coverage and capacity that we need to guarantee the best service to our customers both today and in the future. Working hand in hand, we are excited by the prospect of consolidating our place in the Mexican pay-TV industry.”
The new package will bring national and international channels to consumers.
“The development of DTH services in the Americas is a strategic objective for Eutelsat,” Eutelsat Americas CEO Patricio Northland said. “We are delighted to win the trust of StarTV as a new player in Mexico and to leverage our prime video neighborhood to broaden the pay-TV offer in Mexico and beyond.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about StarTV ?
Next time we write about StarTV, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference