Brazil's Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (CSN) recently selected IBM Power Systems to run its SAP HANA in-memory analytics applications.
CSN is mainly known as an exporter of iron ore in South America. They also develop high value steel, as well as offer cement, mining, energy and logistics products that are used in the construction and automotive industries.
"With the amount of data companies like ours are producing daily, it is critical that we have an IT infrastructure that enables us to run our analytics workloads efficiently," CSN Chief Information Officer
Fabio Faria said. "The stability and flexibility of IBM Power Systems and storage does just that by providing a reliable system for running SAP HANA and our SAP applications."
Companhia is anticipating growth, so having IBM Power Systems E880 that will use the SAP HANA IBM Storwize V5000 storage software will allow the company’s IT infrastructure to adapt for growth.
"IBM's Power Systems are uniquely suited to provide rapid access to critical business data stored with in-memory database technologies like SAP HANA,"
IBM Director Vicente Moranta, who is responsible for IBM Power Systems running SAP HANA, said. "With the addition of virtualization through PowerVM, SAP Business Suite and scale-out architectures, IBM and SAP are providing a choice of different performance levels to meet today's big data demands."
IBM and SAP will also increase support for SAP HANA running on IBM Power Systems.
"SAP and IBM have long history of close collaboration, bringing innovation to the enterprise for our customers," SAP Senior Director for Strategic Partnerships and Business Development
said. "With the latest availability of SAP HANA SPS 11 on IBM Power Systems, our customers now have expanded infrastructure choices for the deployment of SAP HANA."
Organizations in this story
IBM 1 New Orchard Rd Armonk, NY - 10504
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar