Allmed Group said Monday it has acquired a stake in Pronefro Produtos Nefrologicos, S.A and now owns a controlling stake in the Portugal-based bloodlines manufacturer that owns a marketing, sales and distribution company in Brazil.
"I am delighted with this exciting acquisition and welcome the entire Pronefro team to Allmed Group,”
Ahmed Sorour said. “Pronefro was established in 1983 and has a very well respected brand in the bloodlines marketplace for both quality and reliability."
Allmed, which manufactures dialysis products, said the stake in
Pronefro will allow it to spread to new markets.
Pronefro has a staff of 75 at its plant in Oporto, Portugal, and 13 employees in Curitiba, Brazil.
Pronefro Portugal and
Pronefro Brazil will be renamed Allmed Pronefro PT in Portugal and Allmed Pronefro BR in Brazil.
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar