Swisslog said Monday it has opened a new office in Tlalnepantla, Mexico, to expand its automated logistics services to Latin America and Mexico customers.
"Swisslog has already delivered solutions to one of Mexico's largest retailers and now with our local office we can make a full-time commitment to the region,” Swisslog Americas Senior Vice President
said. “The new office will allow our expertise and solution/product portfolio in e-commerce and temperature controlled warehousing fully accessible to the growing local companies that want to take steps into warehouse automation."
The Latin America expansion follows Swisslog's acquisition this year of FORTE, an Ohio-based company that helps manufacturing and distribution centers streamline their plants.
"It's an exciting time to be in warehouse automation here in Mexico,” Senior Design Consultant
Yvan Busom Soas
said. “We’re at the convergence of rapid developments in technology and retail trends in e-commerce, legislative requirements in pharmaceuticals, and temperature-controlled food and beverage needs. These are all areas of strength for our automated storage and retrieval systems and our goods-to-person picking systems. We're able to bring a competitive advantage that has proved very popular in other emerging markets."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Swisslog ?
Next time we write about Swisslog, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference