New silver and gold mineralization has been found at the Palmarejo Complex in Mexico, Coeur Mining Inc., the company running the site said recently.
The finding also includes the Independencia, Nacion, Guadalupe and Los Bancos zones.
“These high-grade discoveries are the result of a focused program to map and drill known mineralized structures along a structural corridor between the Guadalupe mine and the Independencia deposit,” Coeur Vice President of Exploration Hans Rasmussen said. “As we have found with Independencia, silver-gold mineralization at Nacion and Los Bancos is concentrated within a 200-300 meter vertical elevation. We are optimistic that our new geologic models and discoveries along with the assimilation of the new geologic team from our acquisition of Paramount Gold and Silver Corp. in April will contribute to the discovery of further high-grade veins both within the corridor and along extensions of known deposits like Independencia and Guadalupe.”
The findings at the site are of high quality, which is similar to the average of gold and silver reserve grades. The mineralization was discovered approximately 330 yards south of Independencia development, which has been there for a while.
“The high-grade results from deeper portions of Guadalupe are located below existing development and represent an excellent near-term opportunity to further enhance the grade and cost profile of the operation,” Coeur Senior Vice President and CEO
said. “The new Nacion discovery as well as Los Bancos have the potential to become additional sources of nearby, high-grade ore in 2017 and beyond assuming continued drilling success, resource modeling and applied mine engineering.”
Organizations in this story
Coeur Mining, Inc. 104 S Michigan Ave Chicago, IL 60603
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices