Vitacon plans to launch a customized apartment complex in Sao Paulo later this month that features units as small as 151 square feet but with optimized living solutions.
The Vita Bom Retiro complex is meant to showcase how living comfortably in a small space is possible.
"The designs have versatile floor plans, and with this we're hoping to fine-tune the worldwide trend toward compact apartments – it's quite a common practice in countries whose cities have large populations, such as Seoul, Paris, New York and London – living in reduced but customized spaces keyed to the needs of each resident, with apartment sizes ranging from (151 to 646 square feet)," Vitacon CEO Alexandre Lafer Frankel, said.
The new complex will have dual-use rooms in each apartment. For example, one room can serve as a dining room or be converted to a home office as needed. The community also has shared-use facilities including a laundry, entertainment rooms and a gym.
There is also fully furnished units called Vita Visitas, which can be rented for short periods of time when residents have overnight guests.
Organizations in this story
Vitacon São Paulo, State of São Paulo
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices
- U.S. State Department official outlines situation in Venezuela
- Volvo' developing self-steering truck in Brazil sugar cane field
- Mauro Libi Crestani's Casa Hogar Foundation celebrates ninth year in Venezuela