Health consulting company Mercer is attempting to acquire Brazilian retirement consulting firm GAMA Consultores Associados.
“Growth in the Brazilian market is part of our aim to bring innovative and market-leading solutions to clients everywhere they operate,” David Anderson, president, Growth Markets Region for Mercer, said. “The combination of GAMA and Mercer will provide a business partner for growth to multinational clients operating in Brazil as well as local and regional clients seeking to expand outside of Latin America.”
Both companies are set to benefit from the diversity offered from both companies.
“Our union with Mercer brings unique competitive advantages for our people, our clients and the market,” Antonio Fernando Gazzoni, founder and President of GAMA, said. “The ability to deliver expanded international expertise, drive intellectual capital, and create differentiated products and solutions is aligned with our commitment to provide our clients with access to the best advice in the marketplace. Our combination with Mercer makes the possibilities for our clients and our people all that much greater.”
The deal should be completed by the end of 2015.
“This strengthens our ability to serve the Brazilian market with world class retirement and health benefits solutions,” Mauricio Amaral, CEO of Mercer Brazil, said. “GAMA’s strong brand and reputation for client service make them a culturally aligned partner for Mercer. Together we will have an outstanding team of professionals with the ability to expand our complementary retirement services offerings as well as deliver additional Mercer solutions and products in all the key regions of Brazil.”
Organizations in this story
Mercer 1400 Coleman Avenue Macon, GA 31207
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico