Montreal-based Mobi724 Global Solutions’ subsidiary, Mobi724 SRL, has entered an agreement with Spanish mobile phone operator Movistar, operating across most of Latin America, for Mobi724 to create and manage Movistar’s customer discount and rewards program.
Mobi724 is a digital incentive and payment technology provider in the digital incentives, couponing and payment sector offering a complete array of marketing solutions. Its unique mobile coupon program will permit Movistar to dispatch mobile campaigns to its 17 million subscribers, who can in turn redeem benefits at points of sale at participating retailers.
"We are thrilled to team up with such a global leader and offer the best of breed mobile couponing solution for Movistar's benefits program, a major communication platform, for their 17 million customers,” Mobi724 CEO Marcel Vienneau said. “This level of confidence confirms that our approach in developing innovative value added solutions in a very competitive market is gaining momentum."
With an average 30 to 35 percent market share in Latin America totaling close to 200 million subscribers, Movistar operates throughout 14 nations. Movistar, owned by Telefónica SA, is Spain’s largest carrier, with close to a 42 percent market share.
Organizations in this story
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico