PriceSmart announced Thursday that it has opened a warehouse club in Managua, Nicaragua, the second warehouse club in the nation that will bring the company’s total operational locations to 38.
Warehouse clubs operated by PriceSmart are clubs that offer merchandise at special prices to those who have memberships. The company operates locations in Colombia, Costa Rica,
the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Panama and other nations in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The company also reported that sales increased for October compared to the previous year. For October 2015, net sales were 12.9 percent higher than they were in 2014, amounting to $233.4 million. Similar growth was reported in both September and October combined, seeing an increase of 12.7 percent in this period over the past year. Over the course of October 2015, there were 37 locations open, three more than in October 2014.
Four- and eight-week periods ending on Oct. 25 saw approximately 3.2 percent growth in sales in locations that were operational for at least 13.5 months, compared to each respective period in 2014.
Organizations in this story
PriceSmart, Inc 9740 Scranton Rd San Diego, CA 92121
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico