The Canadian investment firm MPH Ventures Corp. recently completed a deal for a 20 percent share of Travelucion, a leading tourism promotion company in the Cuban market.
MPH bought its share from a Travelucion shareholder for just under $76,000 in cash and 4 million shares of MPH.
Travelucion dominates the online market for promoting Cuban travel: It owns 432 web assets that promote more than 60 major tourist destinations in Cuba and accounts for more than 30 millions page views per year. With U.S.-Cuba relations thawing and investors and other travelers eager to find their way to Cuba, MPH is expecting the investment in online booking and tourism promotion for the country's growing $2.6 billion tourism industry will pay off.
The normalization of relations between the United States and Cuba has already had profound effects on Travelucion's growth. The company's sales for each month in 2015 have increased as high as 428 percent from the same month last year.
MPH's acquisition of its share in the travel company was funded partly through a private placement offering of its own stock. The company placed $359,500 worth of stock, including 1 million shares sold to Travelucion majority owner Steve Marshall who now owns a total of 5 million shares of MPH, approximately 15 percent of the company.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about MPH Ventures Corp ?
Next time we write about MPH Ventures Corp, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference