Arena Minerals and Teck Mining signed a joint venture agreement Oct. 23, giving Teck a 60 percent share in one of Arena's Atacama Copper ventures.
The agreement covers the Solitario and Paciencia North prospects in Antofagasta, Chile. Teck will have a $19.5 million buy-in over six years in exchange for 3,703,703 shares of the project.
"We are pleased to be partnering with Teck in what is now our third joint venture agreement this year, and welcome Teck as a strategic shareholder, " Arena President and CEO Will Randall said. "Bringing Teck in to the mix of partners is ideal for Arena and its shareholders, given the company's international reputation, size and experience. Teck has been operating successfully in Chile for decades and their wealth of knowledge will no doubt add tremendous value to our ongoing exploration of the Atacama Property. Combined with our other two joint venture agreements we now have a combined exploration commitment in excess of $60 million for the Atacama property."
The deal comes with several options for Teck to also acquire majority interest in the property itself. For a minimum exploration investment of $1.5 million, Teck can gain 51 percent undivided interest, and for another $15 million in exploration investment by 2021, Teck could end up with a total of 75 percent of what would then have become a special purpose entity co-owned with Arena.
The deal is expected to close on or around Sunday, Nov. 15., and is pending TSX Venture Exchange approval.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Arena Minerals ?
Next time we write about Arena Minerals, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar