Fiber and fabric company Xerium recently completed its renovation projects in plants in Canada, Austria, Brazil, and Japan.
The renovation projects took two years to finish and are the latest step in Xerium's strategy to optimize and expand its operations across the globe. Xerium President and CEO Harold Bevis said the improvements were meant to help each of its facilities keep up with the growing demand for Xerium products.
“Xerium is committed to quantifiably increasing profits of its customers,” Bevis said. “These investments enable Xerium to strengthen our partnerships by being closer to its customers with transformative innovation, on-site product experts, and in-region short lead times.... We do not expect to achieve sales growth by waiting for, and then riding, a global GDP growth cycle. With uncertain global economic conditions, we are strategically deploying our people, innovation, and know-how into expected growth regions.”
The revamped facilities are four of 10 plants across the globe specializing in the production of machine clothing. The Canadian plant will focus on woven dryer fabrics, the Austrian facility will produce belts and fabrics for nonwoven fabric machines, the plant in Brazil will make spiral dryer fabrics and the Japanese location will make forming fabrics for containerboard machines.
Xerium has 27 manufacturing facilities in 13 countries overall.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Xerium Technologies, Inc. ?
Next time we write about Xerium Technologies, Inc., we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference