Brazil Minerals has hired Gisele Souza as the vice president of administration for the company's operations in Montes Claros.
Souza is a dual U.S. and Brazillian citizen who is fluent in English and Portugese. She will be the company's mediator between its sand, mortar and mining operations in the Minas Gerais region and local government, regulators and local businesses. She will also handle sand and mortar sales, regulatory filings and human resources for Brazil Minerals subsidiaries, the company said.
“I studied and worked in Massachusetts and Ms. Souza, being brought up in that state, has the New Englander 'can-do' attitude," Brazil Minerals CEO Marc Fogassa said. "She operates with the U.S.-style entrepreneurship that I want in our local culture. Her full-time presence in Montes Claros and the mining and mortar operations is highly positive for BMIX."
Souza worked with the company for a month prior to being offered her new position. Before joining Brazil Minerals, she worked in the transportation and finance sectors and earned a law degree from Univali in Santa Catarina, Brazil.
Brazil Minerals is a U.S. holding company dealing with Brazilian diamond, gold, and sand mining companies, as well as a mortar business.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Brazil Minerals Inc ?
Next time we write about Brazil Minerals Inc, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar