Duran Ventures is beginning construction on a new mineral processing plant near Trujillo, Peru, this week.
After months of risk/reward assessments, the company decided on a flotation circuit design instead of a carbon in pulp leaching circuit, as the company had previously announced. The company's decision was principally based on being able to work with larger shipments from longer term suppliers, improved consistency, reduced working capital, less dependence on small-scale artesanal mining, and reduced costs.
The company is permitted through the Peruvian government to operate up to 100 tonnes per day and expects to receive the necessary permits to expand operations at the new plant.
Lima-based engineering contractor JPC Estructuras y Concreto SAC will oversee the project, led by mechanical engineer Jorge Peña, whose connection with Fundicion Callao will provide many of the plant's components, including its ball mill and cone crusher.
The $1.3 million Auga Norte plant will employ a local crew of 25 when it opens, and the company expects construction to be complete sometime in March.
Duran Ventures Inc. is a Canadian company focused on the exploration and development of precious and base metal properties and mineral processing in Peru.
Organizations in this story
Duran Ventures Inc. Lima, Peru Lima, Lima
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar
- AGUNSA operating Ingeniero Buitrago Port in Argentina
- Development Finance Agency approves credit appropriations
- Votorantim, Baesa aiding program to provide children with activities in Brazil
- Chilean tennis club wins Engie Interclub Championship Cup for second time