Morumbi Resources Inc. has appointed Kurt Menchen as a member of its board of directors, the company announced Thursday.
Menchen has 37 years of experience in the management and operation of mining projects. He previously served as the president of Largo Resources Ltd.’s subsidiary, Vanádio de Maracás, in Brazil. He joined Largo in 2006 as a country manager for the company’s Vanadium project, overseeing exploration, financing procurement, development, construction and the project's operation by the middle portion of 2014. He also served as the general manager of the Jacobina Gold project in Brazil’s Bahia State for 20 years.
He has also worked with Anglo American’s Vaal Reefs underground gold mine, located in South Africa, and with Angola-based DeBeers diamond mining operations.
Menchen earned his degree in mining engineering from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul in Brazil.
Morumbi Resources specializes in the evaluation and exploration of resource opportunities within Papua New Guinea.
Organizations in this story
Morumbi Resources Inc. 20 Victoria St Toronto, ON M5C 2N8
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico