GlobeNet, a data network provider in Latin and North America, announced that its services will be expanding to include São Paulo with the company’s Layer 2 and 3 service.
The company has incorporated the Equinix Datacenter as a point of presence, through which the network will be available to the city.
"GlobeNet has been deeply rooted in Brazil since inception and as such, our dedication to providing the carriers and service providers with reliable and secure low latency transport services to Brazil and across the Americas is of the utmost importance," Erick Contag, president and chief operations officer of GlobeNet, said. "GlobeNet's new presence enables us to enhance the connectivity options and reach of our customers via our new GNIIX service, as well as our full suite of transport solutions. GlobeNet currently has the largest on-net capillarity in Brazil and the addition of SP2 to our network furthers our commitment to growing the international connectivity options within the country."
This expansion will bring Internet protocol and ethernet services to its customers, allowing for greater connectivity as Brazil is set to host the 2016 Summer Olympic Games. The company’s GNIIX service will also be made available in São Paulo.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about GlobeNet ?
Next time we write about GlobeNet, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar