Libra Oil & Gas BV awarded Technip a substantial contract Tuesday as part of a consortium that is headed by Petrobras Netherland BV and its partners.
The contract includes supplying flexible pipes for the Libra Extended Well Test field, which is located in the Santos Basin pre-salt area in Brazil.
“Technip is very proud to have been selected to supply the first pipes for the Libra development,” President of Technip in Brazil Adriano Novitsky said. “It is the result of strong R&D and engineering efforts to overcome the pre-salt technical challenges using flexible pipes solution.”
Technip will supply 8” oil production, 6” service and 6” gas-injection flexible pipes to the Libra Extended Well Test field. Due to the ultra-deepwater and fluid harsh conditions of the Brazilian pre-salt fields, Technips 8" oil production pipes will be the first to be installed in the area.
Technip operates out of Rio de Janeiro and will manage the project management and engineering required for the product from there. The flexible pipes themselves will be manufactured at Technip’s manufacturing facilities in Vitória and Açu, Brazil.
Delivery of the flexible pipes is slated to begin in the second half of 2016.
Organizations in this story
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico