Mitsui & Co., Ltd. and Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. signed a Share Purchase Agreement Monday, where Mitsui will acquire 49 percent of Gaspetro shares through Mitsui Gas e Energia do Brasil Ltda (Mitsui Gas) under an estimated purchase price of approximately $486,936,446.
The gas distribution business in Brazil is primarily composed of regional monopolies that are based on the concessions granted by the state's government. Under the agreements signed with state governments, each gas distribution infrastructure and gas pipeline network is to be developed in their service areas in each state while gas purchased from Petrobras, power stations, general industrial and commercial users and residential consumers is distributed. Gas will also be distributed for use of fuel for vehicles that run on natural gas.
Mitsui is currently engaged in gas distribution operations in eight different Brazilian states. The acquisition of shares in Gasperto are aimed to increase the number of states that are served by gas companies and the amount of gas that is supplied by those companies to 30 million cubic meters per day within Brazil.
Gas demand is expected to grow in accordance with economic development in many regions, including central, northeastern and southern Brazil.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Mitsui and Co., Ltd ?
Next time we write about Mitsui and Co., Ltd, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference