FLSmidth recently signed a five-year maintenance contract with Minera Doña Collahuasi, a copper producer based in Chile.
Under the agreement, FLSmidth, which is headquartered in Denmark, will supply the maintenance services for three production lines at Minera Doña Collahuasi's copper plant in Chile. The plant is near the Bolivian border as is able to produce more than 140,000 metric tons of processed rock per day.
"Service is a strategic growth lever for FLSmidth," FLSmidth Group Executive Vice President Customer Services Division Brian Day said. "We build long-term partnerships with key customers by bringing best in class knowhow and world leading expertise to maximize their productivity and return on assets, while maintaining the highest safety standards."
The Chilean National Safety Council this year awarded FLSmidth with four prizes for its safety achievements in several contracts, including going 15 years without lost time injuries as part of its Puerto Punta Chungo contract with Minera Los Pelambres.
Organizations in this story
FLSmidth Vigerslev Allé 77 Valby, Capital Region of Denmark 2500
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico