Payment leader Visa launched Visa Checkout for online shopping in Brazil Friday.
The online checkout offering enables customers to buy items quicker from any electronic device, and 96 percent of users consider this new service to be the most-secure way to make a payment over the Internet.
Futebolcard, the Brazilian service that sells tickets to soccer fans for soccer games, is the first seller to use Visa Checkout.
“In an increasingly digital world, people are spending more and more time browsing, shopping and paying on their mobile devices,” Percival Jatoba, vice president, products, Visa do Brasil, said. “As screens get smaller, it’s more important than ever that shoppers are able to make fast, easy payments in just a few clicks."
Jatoba also says that U.S. customers trust Visa when making payments.
"In the United States, shoppers made purchases more often when using Visa Checkout compared to customers using other payment options. With this streamlined approach to payments, merchants and financial institutions see higher conversion rates which ultimately brings new customers and drives higher sales. We are excited to bring these benefits to our clients and customers across Brazil.”
Organizations in this story
Visa Inc 1 Market St San Francisco, CA 94105
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices