Payment leader Visa launched Visa Checkout for online shopping in Brazil Friday.
The online checkout offering enables customers to buy items quicker from any electronic device, and 96 percent of users consider this new service to be the most-secure way to make a payment over the Internet.
Futebolcard, the Brazilian service that sells tickets to soccer fans for soccer games, is the first seller to use Visa Checkout.
“In an increasingly digital world, people are spending more and more time browsing, shopping and paying on their mobile devices,” Percival Jatoba, vice president, products, Visa do Brasil, said. “As screens get smaller, it’s more important than ever that shoppers are able to make fast, easy payments in just a few clicks."
Jatoba also says that U.S. customers trust Visa when making payments.
"In the United States, shoppers made purchases more often when using Visa Checkout compared to customers using other payment options. With this streamlined approach to payments, merchants and financial institutions see higher conversion rates which ultimately brings new customers and drives higher sales. We are excited to bring these benefits to our clients and customers across Brazil.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Visa Inc ?
Next time we write about Visa Inc, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference