Ingram Micro is in the process of acquiring the Acao Group, a Latin America provider of IT solutions based in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
The new addition represents a $300 million increase on Micro's annual value-add solutions revenue and is expected to be finalized by the end of 2015.
"As evidenced by a history of strong operating margin contribution, Ingram Micro has been extremely successful in rapidly expanding our high value business in Latin America, particularly in Brazil, where we are already established as one of the leading overall technology distributors and have enjoyed strong double digit growth rates in local currency for many quarters" said Ingram Micro CEO Alain Monié.
The key leadership from Acao will reportedly support the integration between the two companies in order to maintain its growth.
Ingram Micro has operations in Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Uruguay and Ecuador, where it provides sales support and financial services, while Acao has significant clients in its portfolio, such as IBM, Oracle and Red Hat.
Organizations in this story
Ingram Micro 3351 Michelson Dr Irvine, CA - 92612
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar