Argentina's Ministry of Health authorized bio-pharmaceutical company Mediwound Ltd. to market and distribute NexoBrid®, which removes dead or damaged tissue from adults with thermal burns, Thursday.
"We are delighted NexoBrid will soon be available to treat patients in Argentina who are afflicted with severe burns and who are mainly treated at a few specialized burn centers," Gal Cohen, president and CEO of MediWound, said. "This approval is in line with our strategy to expand the reach of NexoBrid to emerging markets with a focus in Latin America, Asia Pacific and CIS."
Clinical studies conducted on NexoBrid show that the product debrides burn wounds earlier than the current standard of care, significantly reducing the number and extent of surgical excisions and autografting.
NexoBrid also removes dead or damaged tissue in four hours without harming the surrounding healthy tissues and is now available commercially in Europe and Israel.
For more information, visit www.mediwound.com.
Organizations in this story
MediWound Ltd Ha-Yarkon St 42 Yavne, Center District
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar
- AGUNSA operating Ingeniero Buitrago Port in Argentina
- Development Finance Agency approves credit appropriations
- Votorantim, Baesa aiding program to provide children with activities in Brazil
- Chilean tennis club wins Engie Interclub Championship Cup for second time