The International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO) recently named the Dominican Republic "Best Golf Destination of Latin America and the Caribbean 2016."
The Dominican Republic is home to some of the best golf courses in the world, including Punta Espada Golf Club in Cap Cana; La Cana at Puntacana Resort & Club; and Teeth of the Dog and Dye Fore at Casa de Campo. Each has great views and unique challenges created by the best designers in the golf industry.
"Dominican Republic is delighted to receive this award once again from such a prestigious organization," Isabel Vasquez, director of the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism for the Iberian Peninsula, said. "This award speaks to our unrelenting commitment to provide both the infrastructure and first-class services in our hotels and golf courses in order to maintain the loyalty and happiness of those who choose to visit us, allowing us to reinforce our position as the Golf Capital of the Caribbean with 28 internationally recognized courses – the largest offerings in all of Latin America and the Caribbean."
This is the third time that IAGTO has recognized the Dominican Republic as an excellent destination for golf.
Golf tourism's contribution to the Dominican economy is estimated at over $200 million annually, according to a study by IAGTO North America. In 2014, the study showed that the growth of the golf market was 10 percent.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Dominican Republic ?
Next time we write about Dominican Republic, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar