Grupo Ferrer Internacional, which consists of SA (Ferrer) and Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc., has announced an update to its ADASUVE inhalation powder which is pre-dispensed in the European Union and Latin America.
"We continue to dedicate substantial efforts toward ADASUVE's success,"
Chief Operating Officer Antoni Villaro said. "The feedback we are receiving distinguishes ADASUVE as a highly valuable medication, one that provides superior treatment to patients and a better tool to physicians. ADASUVE is changing the paradigm of current treatment. This paradigm change requires time and substantial, sustained efforts to achieve significant business. We are determined to bring ADASUVE to the patients that could benefit from it. As part of our global partnership, we have recently provided financing to Alexza through a short-term loan as the company goes through strategic evaluation of its business. We remain strong, long-term supporters of Alexza and of ADASUVE."
Compared to a year ago, ADASUVE is now available in 283 hospitals in the E.U., an approximately 75 percent increase from 160 hospitals. The drug’s product sales, which have undergone sustained growth and unit sales during the initial half of 2015, were six times more than the number of ADASUVE units sold in the corresponding time period in 2014.
Organizations in this story
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices