Fitch Ratings has promoted Alejandro Garcia, its current managing director, to analytical head of Latin American financial institutions.
Garcia is charged with heading up Fitch's ratings and research of financial institutions throughout Latin America. He has been with the company for 17 years, during which he has overseen bank ratings in a number of Latin American countries.
replace Franklin Santarelli. Although Garcia's appointment is effective
immediately, Santarelli will stay on at Fitch until the end of 2015.
Garcia's direct supervisor will be David Weinfurter, global head of
Fitch's Financial Institutions Group.
"Alejandro's extensive experience in the local markets makes him well-positioned to ensure that Fitch's financial institutions group continues to provide the local knowledge and global perspective that market participants know us for throughout the region," said Weinfurter. "We thank Franklin for his 18 years of dedication and the key role he has played in further developing Fitch's presence in Latin America."
Garcia earned a bachelor's degree in economics from the Monterrey Institute of Technology and has been a CFA charter holder since 2008.
Garcia's former post will be filled by Veronica Chau, Fitch's current senior director.
Organizations in this story
Fitch Ratings 33 Whitehall St New York, NY 10004
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico