Fitch Ratings has promoted Alejandro Garcia, its current managing director, to analytical head of Latin American financial institutions.
Garcia is charged with heading up Fitch's ratings and research of financial institutions throughout Latin America. He has been with the company for 17 years, during which he has overseen bank ratings in a number of Latin American countries.
replace Franklin Santarelli. Although Garcia's appointment is effective
immediately, Santarelli will stay on at Fitch until the end of 2015.
Garcia's direct supervisor will be David Weinfurter, global head of
Fitch's Financial Institutions Group.
"Alejandro's extensive experience in the local markets makes him well-positioned to ensure that Fitch's financial institutions group continues to provide the local knowledge and global perspective that market participants know us for throughout the region," said Weinfurter. "We thank Franklin for his 18 years of dedication and the key role he has played in further developing Fitch's presence in Latin America."
Garcia earned a bachelor's degree in economics from the Monterrey Institute of Technology and has been a CFA charter holder since 2008.
Garcia's former post will be filled by Veronica Chau, Fitch's current senior director.
Organizations in this story
Fitch Ratings 33 Whitehall St New York, NY - 10004
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar