Amyris Inc. on Oct. 6 announced that the manufacturing of its third product produced this year at its industrial scale fermentation facility in Brotas, Brazil, is almost finished; the product represents the second critical fragrance ingredient successfully developed and produced at industrial scale for an Amyris collaboration partner, and the company is optimistic about its future.
"We are very excited about our performance this year with execution of our third successful industrial fermentation product scale-up and first shipments completed for our latest fermentation product,” John Melo, Amyris president & CEO, said. “This is another proof point in the predictable, breakthrough performance we are realizing with our HI-RYSE (Hyper-Integration for Rapid Yeast Strain Engineering) technology platform as we continue to apply this innovation to our extensive portfolio of products that are prioritized and funded by our partners."
Ten months ago, the product was a research and development target and has now been successfully engineered and scaled up with first shipments completed from the plant.
“We expect our portfolio of contracted molecules to generate over $400M of annual product revenue at maturity, and we are already realizing our target gross margin on products produced from this portfolio," Melo said. "After a long and challenging road to predictable production and advantaged costs, we are well on our way to realizing our mission of enabling our partners to grow sustainably."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Amyris, Inc. ?
Next time we write about Amyris, Inc., we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference