Capstone Turbine Corporation recently announced that it has a received an order for a C600 microturbine that will be powering a gas compression station in Colombia, a microturbine able to operate in dual mode and independently of the grid, or with the grid in a load sharing capacity; it can also provide power to the compression 27/7 and is modular, meaning it can easily be expanded to accommodate a future expansion.
“Capstone is becoming the technology of choice to lower energy costs for and increase the operational efficiencies of oil and gas producers worldwide," Capstone Turbine Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing Jim Crouse said. "It is repeat business like this that continues to highlight Capstone as the manufacturer customers can depend on for advanced solutions to meet their needs year after year."
Natural gas consumption in Colombia has risen by more than 54 percent in the past decade according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).
"It is very promising to see orders in new markets that we have targeted as critical growth areas for the company and its always encouraging to see follow on orders from the oil and gas industry despite the precipitous drop in crude oil prices," Capstone President and CEO Darren Jamison said. "In response to the ongoing business headwinds we are experiencing, we are looking to expand our business in Latin America, Australia, Africa and the Middle East. These markets have tremendous potential and will give us an ability to offset the slowdown we are experiencing in the energy space and more specifically in Russia."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Capstone Turbine Corporation ?
Next time we write about Capstone Turbine Corporation, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference