Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide will open a new hotel, called "W Punta de Mita," in 2016 in Riviera Nayarit, Mexico.
"Starwood is growing at an exciting pace in Latin America and the W brand is key to this growth," Starwood for Latin America
Development and Acquisitions Vice President Victor Vazquez told Latin Business Daily. "Throughout the region, the dynamism of Starwood is driven by our ability to offer distinctive design-oriented brands that exceed the expectations of developers, owners and travelers."
The W Punta de Mita will accommodate 120 guests who will be able to congregate in hotel-designed public spaces and enjoy Pacific Ocean views.
"With over 25 million international tourists per year, Mexico remains an important and growing market for us, especially for our luxury hotels," Vazquez said. "The W Punta de Mita is the ideal addition to this burgeoning landscape and provides energy and the distinctive style of the W brand."
Several more W hotels are planned to be opened in Latin America, including the W Panama, a city hotel in the heart of Panama City to open in 2017; the W Riviera Maya - Kanai in the Caribbean, scheduled to open in 2018; and W Costa Rica - Reserva Conchal, which is set to open in 2019.
The W Punta de Mita will be the second W hotel in Mexico.
Organizations in this story
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices
- U.S. State Department official outlines situation in Venezuela
- Volvo' developing self-steering truck in Brazil sugar cane field
- Mauro Libi Crestani's Casa Hogar Foundation celebrates ninth year in Venezuela