Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide will open a new hotel, called "W Punta de Mita," in 2016 in Riviera Nayarit, Mexico.
"Starwood is growing at an exciting pace in Latin America and the W brand is key to this growth," Starwood for Latin America
Development and Acquisitions Vice President Victor Vazquez told Latin Business Daily. "Throughout the region, the dynamism of Starwood is driven by our ability to offer distinctive design-oriented brands that exceed the expectations of developers, owners and travelers."
The W Punta de Mita will accommodate 120 guests who will be able to congregate in hotel-designed public spaces and enjoy Pacific Ocean views.
"With over 25 million international tourists per year, Mexico remains an important and growing market for us, especially for our luxury hotels," Vazquez said. "The W Punta de Mita is the ideal addition to this burgeoning landscape and provides energy and the distinctive style of the W brand."
Several more W hotels are planned to be opened in Latin America, including the W Panama, a city hotel in the heart of Panama City to open in 2017; the W Riviera Maya - Kanai in the Caribbean, scheduled to open in 2018; and W Costa Rica - Reserva Conchal, which is set to open in 2019.
The W Punta de Mita will be the second W hotel in Mexico.
Organizations in this story
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar