Suzhou Furukawa Power Optic Cable Co. Ltd. was awarded a new contract by Proyecto Infraestructura Del Peru, a subsidiary of ISA Colombia, for supply of Optical Ground Wire (OPGW) and fittings for one of the largest power transmission projects in Peru; SFPOC’s contract is for the supply of 980km of OPGW and associated hardware and fittings for one of the largest 500kV power transmission line projects in Peru owned by Proyectos De Infraestructura Del Peru, an extension in Peru of ISA Colombia that links Mantaro and Montalvo.
“It is a great pride and privilege for us to work with ISA Colombia on these great projects,” Hiroyuki Otake, director and vice president of Furukawa Electric, said. “We already have a strong base in Brazil in the form of Furukawa Industrial S.A. Produtos Electricos, a subsidiary of Furukawa Electric which caters to the southern part of Latin America. Winning this large contract proves Furukawa Electric’s presence and strength in serving the OPGW needs of entire South America with unique engineering technology and high capabilities to deliver.”
The OPGW cable was custom designed to withstand harsh topographical and environmental conditions along the route of the transmission line.
Power transmission infrastructure investment in emerging Asian, African and Latin American countries has steadily increased in recent years -- creating stable demand for OPGW. Demand for renewable energy systems, primarily in the U.S., is resulting in robust investment in power transmission lines.
Organizations in this story
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices