Suzhou Furukawa Power Optic Cable Co. Ltd. was awarded a new contract by Proyecto Infraestructura Del Peru, a subsidiary of ISA Colombia, for supply of Optical Ground Wire (OPGW) and fittings for one of the largest power transmission projects in Peru; SFPOC’s contract is for the supply of 980km of OPGW and associated hardware and fittings for one of the largest 500kV power transmission line projects in Peru owned by Proyectos De Infraestructura Del Peru, an extension in Peru of ISA Colombia that links Mantaro and Montalvo.
“It is a great pride and privilege for us to work with ISA Colombia on these great projects,” Hiroyuki Otake, director and vice president of Furukawa Electric, said. “We already have a strong base in Brazil in the form of Furukawa Industrial S.A. Produtos Electricos, a subsidiary of Furukawa Electric which caters to the southern part of Latin America. Winning this large contract proves Furukawa Electric’s presence and strength in serving the OPGW needs of entire South America with unique engineering technology and high capabilities to deliver.”
The OPGW cable was custom designed to withstand harsh topographical and environmental conditions along the route of the transmission line.
Power transmission infrastructure investment in emerging Asian, African and Latin American countries has steadily increased in recent years -- creating stable demand for OPGW. Demand for renewable energy systems, primarily in the U.S., is resulting in robust investment in power transmission lines.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Furukawa Electric ?
Next time we write about Furukawa Electric, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar