China's Haitong Bank S.A., the international investment bank of Haitong Securities, was recently honored as 2015 Bond of the Year in Latin Finance's Project and Infrastructure Finance Awards.
Bank (formerly BESI)
was recognized for its part in the Red Dorsal Finance Ltd. transaction, a 16-year, $274 million, 5.875 percent variable funding note.
Haitong and Credit Suisse acted as arrangers and placement agents on the financing for the Red Dorsal Nacional de Fibra Optica project in Peru, a fiber-optic network that will span over 8,000 miles and is the first such project in the country.
The bond, the first in Peru to use a delayed-draw funding structure in U.S. dollars, was placed with large institutional investors in Peru and the United States.
Latin Finance magazine covers the financial markets and economies of Latin America and the Caribbean. A full list of 2015 award winners was published in Latin Finance's September issue.
Organizations in this Story
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar