China's Haitong Bank S.A., the international investment bank of Haitong Securities, was recently honored as 2015 Bond of the Year in Latin Finance's Project and Infrastructure Finance Awards.
Bank (formerly BESI)
was recognized for its part in the Red Dorsal Finance Ltd. transaction, a 16-year, $274 million, 5.875 percent variable funding note.
Haitong and Credit Suisse acted as arrangers and placement agents on the financing for the Red Dorsal Nacional de Fibra Optica project in Peru, a fiber-optic network that will span over 8,000 miles and is the first such project in the country.
The bond, the first in Peru to use a delayed-draw funding structure in U.S. dollars, was placed with large institutional investors in Peru and the United States.
Latin Finance magazine covers the financial markets and economies of Latin America and the Caribbean. A full list of 2015 award winners was published in Latin Finance's September issue.
Organizations in this story
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico