Metso, a Finnish company involved in the mining, aggregates and processing industries, opened a new technology center in Arequipa, Peru, in early October to support its customers in Latin America.
Officials report that the new technology center is already fully operational and working closely with Metso's key customers in the region. The facility in Arequipa will employ more than 70 experts to service the needs of the South American market.
"With the Arequipa technology center, the delivery time for results to our customers and the costs of testing will reduce,” Roberto Valle, general manager, technology, Peru, performance services business line, Metso, said. “Also the technology center complements Metso's local offering to our customers in the region, enabling us to optimize our customer operations locally."
The Arequipa technology center is only the latest in a series of expansions for the company. In addition to
facilities throughout the United States and Mexico, they have nearly 50 service centers for its customers. Before the end of the year, Metso also plans on opening another service center in Labrador City in Canada.
The company currently employs approximately 13,000 industry experts worldwide.
Organizations in this story
Metso 20965 Crossroads Cir Waukesha, WI 53186
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar
- AGUNSA operating Ingeniero Buitrago Port in Argentina
- Development Finance Agency approves credit appropriations
- Votorantim, Baesa aiding program to provide children with activities in Brazil
- Chilean tennis club wins Engie Interclub Championship Cup for second time
- M. Holland acquires Able International, Tril Export
- Banco de Venezuela sets aside $10,7 billion in loans to aid country's economy
- Century 21 Real Estates setting up shop in Argentina