Gigamon Inc. (NYSE: GIMO), a U.S. network security company providing active visibility with products such as GigaSECURE® and Visibility Fabric™, recently announced its plans to expand into the Latin American (LATAM) market.
The company is working to develop a strong market presence in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru.
Carlos Perea, an executive with 20 years of IT industry experience, will serve as the Vice President of Sales for Latin America, heading a new team Gigamon is assembling to focus specifically on that region.
"For enterprises, government organizations and service providers, increasing security is a key priority for the protection of vital IT assets,” Perea said. “A network infrastructure that does not leverage active visibility coupled with strong security is destined to fail and incur a high cost for breach remediation.
"Gigamon solves the visibility challenge for organizations around the globe, and I am excited to help build our presence in the dynamic and diverse region of Latin America."
To serve the LATAM market expansion, Gigamon is also establishing production facilities in Mexico with Jabil, a company providing comprehensive electronics design and manufacturing services on a global scale.
Through this partnership, Gigamon plans to gain “greater agility and dynamism” to meet their growing LATAM market needs.
Organizations in this story
Gigamon 3300 Olcott Street Santa Clara, CA - 95054
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar