Outokumpu has entered into an agreement with F.E.R. Fischer Edelstahlrohre GmbH concerning a joint venture between the two companies known as Fischer Mexicana S.A. DE C.V.
terms, Outokumpu will sell its 50 percent stake in the joint venture
to Fischer for $63 million. The transaction, designed to reduce Outokumpu's outstanding debts, is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
Outokumpu's Mexican operations will remain as they are.
Originally founded by ThyssenKrupp Mexinox and Fischer, the joint venture was launched in 1998. Since then, it has grown to become the largest producer of stainless steel tubes in Mexico.
“As a joint venture, Fischer Mexicana has served its purpose well,"
Outokumpu's Chief Executive Officer
Mika Seitovirta said. "However, as the tubular products of this joint venture are not at the core of our current business, we wanted to seize the opportunity to sell our share in the company and thereby contribute to our debt-reduction efforts. Fischer remains a valued, long-standing customer that we will continue to serve with strong commitment."
Outokumpu employs more than 12,000 professionals in more than 30 countries. For more information, visit www.outokumpu.com.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about OUTOKUMPU ?
Next time we write about OUTOKUMPU, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar