Fandango has announced that it has acquired Ingresso.com from Latin American e-commerce company, B2W Companhia Digital, a website that has been a subsidiary of B2W Companhia Digital; based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Ingresso.com is a smart move for Fandango, which is already the leading U.S. digital destination for moviegoers.
Ingresso.com brings with it six million registered customers, and market penetration not just in cinema but in concerts, soccer games and other cultural events that include the world-famous Rock in Rio festival.
"As our ongoing commitment to the domestic business continues to produce record-breaking results, we see this as an opportune moment to expand outside of the United States," Fandango President Paul Yanover said. "We are thrilled to work with the talented Ingresso team and build upon their already successful organization. Latin America presents the next logical growth area for Fandango, and we look forward to extending our leading online and mobile ticketing capabilities to Brazil's entertainment fans."
Almost 40 percent of all Latin American box office dollars in 2014 were spent in Brazil, and the country has managed to see nine years of continuous box office growth. The MPAA predicts that Brazil could constitute the world’s fifth largest market by the end of 2020.
Organizations in this story
Fandango 12200 West Olympic Boulevard Los Angeles, CA - 90064
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar