Fandango has announced that it has acquired Ingresso.com from Latin American e-commerce company, B2W Companhia Digital, a website that has been a subsidiary of B2W Companhia Digital; based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Ingresso.com is a smart move for Fandango, which is already the leading U.S. digital destination for moviegoers.
Ingresso.com brings with it six million registered customers, and market penetration not just in cinema but in concerts, soccer games and other cultural events that include the world-famous Rock in Rio festival.
"As our ongoing commitment to the domestic business continues to produce record-breaking results, we see this as an opportune moment to expand outside of the United States," Fandango President Paul Yanover said. "We are thrilled to work with the talented Ingresso team and build upon their already successful organization. Latin America presents the next logical growth area for Fandango, and we look forward to extending our leading online and mobile ticketing capabilities to Brazil's entertainment fans."
Almost 40 percent of all Latin American box office dollars in 2014 were spent in Brazil, and the country has managed to see nine years of continuous box office growth. The MPAA predicts that Brazil could constitute the world’s fifth largest market by the end of 2020.
Organizations in this story
Fandango 12200 West Olympic Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90064
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices
- U.S. State Department official outlines situation in Venezuela
- Volvo' developing self-steering truck in Brazil sugar cane field
- Mauro Libi Crestani's Casa Hogar Foundation celebrates ninth year in Venezuela