JetBlue and the Cuba Travel Services (CTS) announced today the addition of a second nonstop JetBlue flight connecting New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and Havana's José Martí International Airport (HAV).
After travel restrictions were eased this year,
JetBlue and CTS initiated the first Havana-bound flight from New York City on a major U.S. airline.
The roundtrip flight between JFK and HAV will operate every Tuesday beginning Dec. 1. The existing JetBlue-CTS flight operates every Friday, giving New York customers more flexibility in their travel plans.
"Even as the world anticipates what future air travel to Cuba will look like, we recognize that many Americans need to travel there today," Scott Laurence, senior vice president of airline planning for JetBlue, said. "We want JetBlue to be the favorite airline for travel to Cuba -- more frequencies with our charter partners and our unmatched onboard experience position us perfectly to be the airline of choice."
Through its partners, JetBlue flies to Havana and Santa Clara from New York, Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa. All flights are operated on 150-seat Airbus A320 aircraft with JetBlue crewmembers and the same JetBlue experience, including free Fly-Fi broadband Internet, the most inflight entertainment, free snacks and soft drinks, and the most legroom in coach of any U.S. airline.
Organizations in this story
JetBlue Airways Queens, NY
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar